Strage noise/whistle when engaging clutch at low speed

This is a discussion on Strage noise/whistle when engaging clutch at low speed within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey all, I've got a new 2011 WRX 5dr with about 6500 miles on it and lately I've been hearing ...

Strage noise/whistle when engaging clutch at low speed

Hey all, I've got a new 2011 WRX 5dr with about 6500 miles on it and lately I've been hearing a strange noise when I first start my drive. It's more of a whistle then a whine, almost like a quiet aftermarket intake. I hear it more in the morning when the car is cold but I don't recall hearing it in the winter, it started after winter started winding down here in SE Connecticut. Specifically it happens when I press the gas pedal slightly while the clutch is engaging..and stops when the clutch is either fully disengaged or engaged. It seems to vary a bit with RPMs but I'm not 100% since its not too loud of a noise. Is this something to worry about and take to the dealer? I've seen similar posts on different car forums none with anything conclusive. Thanks for any help.

-Jim
    OBP 2011 WRX 5 door...6500 miles and counting

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Have you recently had your car serviced? (i.e. oil change) I would start by doing a baic visual inspection, making sure your airbox is completely sealed. Check the edges and clips. If that's not it, and you haven't modded anything....you're under warranty = not your puzzle to solve.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Checked all the hoses and airbox. Visually everything seems to be in order under the hood. Heard the noise again this morning, haven’t heard it on some of the warmer mornings, or its just not as loud when it’s warmer out. I guess I'll take it to the dealer to have them check it out. I'm nearing my 2nd suggested maintenance period so maybe I'll just get that done as well.
    OBP 2011 WRX 5 door...6500 miles and counting