Engine codes!! O2 problems, help!!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Engine codes!! O2 problems, help!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I recently put on a full 3" exhaust, down pipe and one piece up pipe/UEL header. Two days after the ...

Engine codes!! O2 problems, help!!

I recently put on a full 3" exhaust, down pipe and one piece up pipe/UEL header. Two days after the install my 03 2.0 wrx died in the middle of an intersection. It will run but anything past 1/4 throttle/2k RPM seems to bog the motor. Now it wont run long enough to get it out of the driveway. With my accesport I pull all of these codes,
    p0500 vehicle speed sensor
    p1518 starter switch circuit low input
    p1591 neutral position switch circuit low input
    p0136 O2 sensor circuit malfunction
    p0132 O2 sensor circuit high voltage
    p0131 O2 sensor circuit low voltage
    I just purchased a new downstream O2 sensor. It will be in within the next few days. I also priced the upstream O2 sensor, $240, money that I dont want to have to spend. Will my problem be solved with the downstream? Can I clear all of the non O2 codes without any problems? And with the new uppipe can I delete my EGT? Will this cause any problems and will there be anything else that Ill need to do after deleting? Thanks for reading!
    Bobby

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry what map are you running on the AP?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Actually just the economy map. My wife has been driving because im out of town working.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Sorry what map are you running on the AP?
    Please note that I didnt put on the AP on the car untill after the problems occured.

Do you have any other mods than the DP/UP/headers?

Did you reset the codes after you put on the AP map and then drive it a while to let the ECU adjust?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Just a cold air. And I haven't tried to reset and drive the car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by NightOps View Post
    I recently put on a full 3" exhaust, down pipe and one piece up pipe/UEL header. Two days after the install my 03 2.0 wrx died in the middle of an intersection. It will run but anything past 1/4 throttle/2k RPM seems to bog the motor. Now it wont run long enough to get it out of the driveway. With my accesport I pull all of these codes,
    p0500 vehicle speed sensor
    p1518 starter switch circuit low input
    p1591 neutral position switch circuit low input
    p0136 O2 sensor circuit malfunction
    p0132 O2 sensor circuit high voltage
    p0131 O2 sensor circuit low voltage
    I just purchased a new downstream O2 sensor. It will be in within the next few days. I also priced the upstream O2 sensor, $240, money that I dont want to have to spend. Will my problem be solved with the downstream? Can I clear all of the non O2 codes without any problems? And with the new uppipe can I delete my EGT? Will this cause any problems and will there be anything else that Ill need to do after deleting? Thanks for reading!
    Bobby
    You have the green diagnostic plugs under the dash plugged in. Unplug them.......
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    You have the green diagnostic plugs under the dash plugged in. Unplug them.......
    just unplug them huh? Do you have a picture of them?

Nevermind the picture...

The green plugs are not plugged together. Those stay plugged in while installing the map and/or changing the desired map. But have to be unplugged before driving the car. Any other ideas?

Ok. I reset the codes,reran the ECU codes and the code P0545 was detected. That code isn't listed on the codes site...has anyone ran across this code before and know what it means??

Ok. I reset the codes,reran the ECU codes and the code P0545 was detected. That code isn't listed on the codes site...has anyone ran across this code before and know what it means??
    It's an EGT sensor code, probably because it is removed with the new up pipe
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

I (the wife) drove the car around the block a few times. Going 10-15mph everything was fine. If I tried to accelerate very fast at all, it stalled. What's the best possible solution from here?

I (the wife) drove the car around the block a few times. Going 10-15mph everything was fine. If I tried to accelerate very fast at all, it stalled. What's the best possible solution from here?
    Just a shot in the dark but is the MAF plugged in? and the intake tightened with no leaks?
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

yea, everything is plugged in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast