MAF sensor 2003 wrx with EJ205 engine

This is a discussion on MAF sensor 2003 wrx with EJ205 engine within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi out there, In a previous thread which I posted regarding car running ok but down on power (The power ...

MAF sensor 2003 wrx with EJ205 engine

Hi out there,
    In a previous thread which I posted regarding car running ok but down on power (The power boost from the turbo seems to be missing-the kick you should normally get above 3500 RPM) be I was advised to remove MAF sensor and clean it with electrical contact cleaner which I have now done. this didnt make any difference. If the engine is idling and I remove the electrical connector to the MAF sensor the engine will splutter for an instant and then resume idling normally. Is this indicating a faulty MAF sensor. Also when I do this the engine warning light illuminates and then resets after 3 start ups. If it is the sensor that is faulty and I replace it will the engine on board diagnostics need to be reset?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    All your doing is causing the car to switch to a failsafe fueling table that uses the MAP sensor as the air measurement device. There is a ton of things that could be the issue.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Go to an auto parts store and get the code read.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    The CEL is due to him unhooking the MAF while the car is running.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S