Hill Assist light is on?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hill Assist light is on? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; What does it mean? The car is running fine. This message brought by hTC EVO using Tapatalk...

Hill Assist light is on?

What does it mean? The car is running fine.

This message brought by hTC EVO using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

"When the ignition switch is turned to the “ON” position, the Hill start assist warning light illuminates. After the engine starts it will turn off. While the engine is rotating, if there are any malfunctions, the light will illuminate."

WARNING
    When the Hill start assist warning light illuminates, have the vehicle inspected at an authorized SUBARU dealer.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Yeah, I read that in the manual and it couldn't be more ambiguous. It's not a check engine light, exactly. And I can't bring it to Subaru til Monday so should i not drive it til then? Has anyone seen this light?

This message brought by hTC EVO using Tapatalk

The incline start assist is basically an advanced hill holder system which uses the ABS wheel speed sensors. It continues to maintain brake pressure at the wheels for around 1 second after you release the brake pedal so you have some time to engage the clutch and increase throttle. It uses a g sensor to indicate the angle that the vehicle is on so it can determine if it is indeed needed.... As mentioned bring it in and they can take a peek depending on year/mileage whatever is wrong it may be covered...

Ok, weird. The hill assist ended up being a blown fuse.

Oh, and the rear window sprayer hose was pinched by the spoiler. Also weird.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.