2000 Impreza Electric Window Motor Replacement - How?

This is a discussion on 2000 Impreza Electric Window Motor Replacement - How? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2000 Impreza Sport and the Electric window of the drivers door doesnt work. I took the panel ...

2000 Impreza Electric Window Motor Replacement - How?

I have a 2000 Impreza Sport and the Electric window of the drivers door doesnt work. I took the panel off to see that the problem is that the arc shaped cog that lifts/lowers the window has popped out of the motor that drives it. This is all mounted on the inside of the door frame and so I can't get into it.

Is there an easy way to get to that so I can repair/replace the motor? I know in other cars these bits are held on with pop rivets that you can drill out and then replace afterwards.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by svendo View Post
    I have a 2000 Impreza Sport and the Electric window of the drivers door doesnt work. I took the panel off to see that the problem is that the arc shaped cog that lifts/lowers the window has popped out of the motor that drives it. This is all mounted on the inside of the door frame and so I can't get into it.

Is there an easy way to get to that so I can repair/replace the motor? I know in other cars these bits are held on with pop rivets that you can drill out and then replace afterwards.
    Typically only Ford and GM will rivet in the regulators. Your regulator should be held in with 10mm bolts. Lower the window by hand until you can detach it from the regulator. Push the window up, unplug, unbolt, and remove the regulator for repair or replacement.