2011 WRX Windshield Replacement

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX Windshield Replacement within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi, Had my WRX for 3 months and I need to replace my windshield but worried about the quality of ...

Angry 2011 WRX Windshield Replacement

Hi,
    Had my WRX for 3 months and I need to replace my windshield but worried about the quality of the installation. I noticed how small the windshield seams are on late model Subies. Looking for feedback from anyone who has replaced their windshield on a 2008-2011 impreza/WRX/STI.

Did it look as good or close to new?
    Did you go with OEM vs Quality aftermarket (PPG, PGW, Dupont)?
    Recommendations for installers in California Bay Area, North Bay.

Thanks in advanced

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would say go OEM if you have the wiper heaters, plus the center tint above the rear-view is nice to keep. It's expensive, but you can simply lower your comprehensive deductible and wait a month or two and repair it through your insurance to save money
    Stink-eye Mob #28

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I just had mine done with PGW and it ran me $250 for my deductible... the only difference visually is that the heater wiper park area was not visible, but was in fact there.
    Clarke Tuned | Cobb SRI | Cobb DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | KB Black Aluminum Shift Knob
    KB Front & Rear Shifter Bushings | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3
    Yakima Roof Rack Complete System w/ Highroller Bike Rack & Yakima Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Kicker BassStation 2ea. 12" | Blue Prova Rearview

"I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times."

I just had glass doctor do the windshield on my 2010 .. its a pgw part, fit perfect.. cant even tell it was changed. The part looks exactly like the factory glass did. useless ceramic dots above the rear view and everything. Deductible on my insurance is $100 so thats all I paid. Would have been $370 or so without going through insurance.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!