02 WRX With VF39 - Issues?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 02 WRX With VF39 - Issues? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay well let me start by saying my car is a 02 with 137k miles and a 4EAT. Here is ...

02 WRX With VF39 - Issues?

Okay well let me start by saying my car is a 02 with 137k miles and a 4EAT. Here is my mods:

VF39
    STI fuel pump
    STI intercooler
    Deatschwerks 565cc Injectors
    Megan racing uppipe
    Megan racing downpipe
    SPT catback
    Blitz Blowoff valve
    Perrin Manual boost controller
    AEM cold air intake

These are the mods that link up to the engine. I tried myself to put on my vf39 (had a td04 on until it wouldnt boost at all and when i took it off it had a very messed up turbine) and ran into issues with coolant and oil after i installed it and it was smoking pretty bad from not having enough coolant (it was leaking after i installed everything). So i took it down to subaru and it was one week and $1500 dollars later and my car is still smoking when i stop and smells weird. I dont know what to do next.

But i have a second issue. I was using my perrin manual boost controller before and now it doesnt work? I have it set to SUPER low and when i boost it goes into like 24 psi and throws a code.

So for advice:
    What should i do about the smoking? Does not smell like oil, or coolant really, and its white smoke, not blue.

And should i go back to using my electronic boost controller? Or do you think the same issue will happen?

Thanks for anyones help!

EDIT: also im using a Cobb accessport with the map set for the mods i have like the vf39 and deatschwerk injectors. It says boost should be like 18 tappering to 16.5. Which is fine by me. I plan on getting the car tuned eventually when im not smoking and i get all these issues dealt with.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Update: Using my electronic boost controller now. No longer overboosting. Havent checked the smoking issue yet.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.