2005 sti having weird boost issues
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2005 sti having weird boost issues within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so I just dropped over 15 grand at subaru for short block assembled. Turbo. And everything else you can ...

2005 sti having weird boost issues

Ok so I just dropped over 15 grand at subaru for short block assembled. Turbo. And everything else you can think of other than heads. Everything was redone 3000 miles ago including exedy clutch flywheel and driveshaft shop drag axles all four and driveshaft. The car has Cobb turboback. Pro drive cai. Aps bov. Full Cobb suspension mods. Cobb pulleys. Koyos radiator. There's more but not engine related I will update my profile with pics and mods. The car threw a rod bearing and blew the Turbo also and before that happened it had the same issue ill explain. When I picked up my car after all the work performed. If drove insanely perfect. Then the trouble started. If you hit the gas partial or full. The Turbo spools and seems to stop and plateau out and doesent boost fully and there is a considerable power loss. Weird thing is if you reset the Ecuador. It'll boost full again and shortly after it will start doing it again. Plus. If its having the issue and I have plenty of road I can put it in 5th or 6 thgear and hold the boost constant for a good minute or so and it will all of a sudden come alive and boost fully again. So I go downshift. N go thru the gears fast and sometimes the boost will stay a while. Or sometimes itllboost fully all of a sudden and as quick as it came it will go back to low boost. Its really really annoying and also but not all the time. If its boosting fully. It'll have a spraycan ball sound especially when you first reset it and its always in high Rome. But again not always. Just sometimes. All vacuum lines gaskets sensors etc are new. And I checked every line leading to wastegate and Turbo. I'm super frustrated and the car had the same exact issue before and after rebuild. Please help!!!!!

update: reset the ecu and the car was boosting fully again. But this is what i noticed.. this time i drove it very easy and the boost stayed.. but when it starts to spool past that point of when it stays on low boost.. the car shutters a little bit, and holds back.. and if you give it a tad more gas, it'll boost over through it, and the car will move forward.. its weird.. but then if you redline and shift on fully boost.. it goes immediately into low boost afterwards.. im at a loss.
    Last edited by Mikeysti; 04-18-2011 at 08:49 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.