PLEASE HELP ITS DRIVING ME INSANE!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on PLEASE HELP ITS DRIVING ME INSANE!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; okay I have a 2004 wrx sedan. I just recently put in a new tscubo up and when i went ...

Unhappy PLEASE HELP ITS DRIVING ME INSANE!!

okay I have a 2004 wrx sedan. I just recently put in a new tscubo up and when i went for the test drive I was really let down. The cars exhaust has a deeper tone now but when driving the mid range on the power band has no power!!! Great take off and great top end but no mids. its like the car is struggling to get to speed. My boost gauge stays at a steady 0.08 accross the rpms so I'm ruling out a boost leak. I thinking maybe I should change the sparks plugs? I've checked all the hoses and clamps after the turbo and I know I've tighten down everything before the turbo. Its really starting to frustrate me and Its making me not want to drive it at all. The car feel like it has half the power in the middle of the rpm range but boost is staying constant. PLEASE HELP WITH ANY INFO AND RELATED PROBLEMS. Thanks!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    just because boost is constant doesnt mean that it is. boost being taken from the manifold doent mean thats what the turbo is doing. if there is a leak then the turbo needs to actually run for example 20psi to try and make 15psi at the manifold because of a post turbo pre manifold leak. same could be happening with an exhaust leak. the ECU is telling the turbo to run more because its not getting to peak boost when it should be.

installing an UP should not of done anything wrong. is your butt dyno off? if thats all you installed and you notice a difference then you installed something wrong. go back and double check your double checks.

You installed an up pipe? If so, go through and make sure everything is tightened down to the right torque specs and that the gasket(s) have a proper seal on them... are you getting any check engine light codes?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Thanks guys for your help. I double checked my hoses and found a tear in the stock turbo inlet pipe and a loose clamp in the y section under the tmic. Just fixed it and shes's running GREAT!!! THANKS AGAIN!!!

I would remove everything you did to install the up pipe and then really install and check and check and check again that its right

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.