2005 Air Conditioning Lines Question

This is a discussion on 2005 Air Conditioning Lines Question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Dear forum, My 2005 WRX Sedan's A/C doesnt work. After looking around, I see that the previously installed top mount ...

2005 Air Conditioning Lines Question

Dear forum,

My 2005 WRX Sedan's A/C doesnt work. After looking around, I see that the previously installed top mount STI intercooler wasnt mounted properly and was rubbing on the thicker A/C line that runs on the top of the firewall, rubbing a hole in it.

It is the larger one of the 2, the one that goes into the thick black rubber part, then turning back into aluminum, and into the driver side of the AC motor.

My question -

Which line is this?
    What one would this be called, and how would I go about finding a new/used one?
    Would the dealership charge too much, or am I better off finding a used one?
    Also, would this line only work coming off of 04-05 WRXs?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That is the low pressure line which leads from the ac compressor to the expansion valve and into the evaporator. I would not purchase a used AC line for any car. they arent too expensive and I would def. go to the dealer for this part. or check out these guys... www.subarupartsforyou.com .....

Nyjets, any luck finding that hose? I have the exact same problem after I threw on my Spearco Intercooler.

No, not yet. I cannot find a "cheap" one. I have yet to try the dealership. I will be going this friday to see what they rape...i mean charge for it.