Annoying squeaking noise from front end?

This is a discussion on Annoying squeaking noise from front end? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; It has done it before last fall once in a while but stopped over winter. Today I was drivin on ...

Annoying squeaking noise from front end?

It has done it before last fall once in a while but stopped over winter. Today I was drivin on my usual hour and a half ride home, and it started back up again. Before, I thought I only heard it from the front driver side wheel and figured a bearing or somthing with the breaks, but today it was doing it on both sides. If I pull over and stop for like 5-10 minutes it will stop (thats how I got it to stop in the fall the few times it uccured), but today it only stopped for a few minutes then would squeak again, and the faster I went the higher frequency it squeaked at. 'Sometimes' when i hit the breaks its stop it, or if I turned right, but if I went straight or turn left it would squeak. Any ideas? (04 wrx)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Turn up your radio?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I would bet the brake warning tabs are hitting the rotors. Check your front pads, I'd say they're low
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    I would bet the brake warning tabs are hitting the rotors. Check your front pads, I'd say they're low
    ^^^What he said

makes sense to me, but both happening and stopping at the same exact time?

Quote Originally Posted by rednisson350z View Post
    makes sense to me, but both happening and stopping at the same exact time?
    The are both used at exactly the same time and heat and cool similarly so it is very possible.
    Stink eye mob #727

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    Eh...that's really only going to happen more when you hit the brakes. If anything I'd say something is worn in the front end. Struts maybe? Possibly control arms. My front end is super squeaky but that's just the nature of my coils. Nothing a little volume on the radio can't eliminate.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Eh...that's really only going to happen more when you hit the brakes.
    Not true. In fact in the early stages, the squeek goes away when you hit the brakes because the pad is flexed by the caliper, pushing the warning tab away from the rotor.
    Stink eye mob #727

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Eh...that's really only going to happen more when you hit the brakes. If anything I'd say something is worn in the front end. Struts maybe? Possibly control arms. My front end is super squeaky but that's just the nature of my coils. Nothing a little volume on the radio can't eliminate.
    Incorrect. When they first start, they will only make noise when they heat up or when turning. They will also stop making noise when you hit the brakes.

lol the radio helps, but it echos off cars passing by and dont want my car sounding like other peoples annoying cars haha. But yeah itll just start squeaking even on the highway when im not using my breaks, itll just start squeaking while driving straight till i pull into a gas station and sit for a little bit and sometimes shuts it up for a short time. idk

Dude i have come across the same problem but it only happens when i turn right but when i speed up it finally goes away , its in the left wheel for me i took the wheel off and caliper inspected it all , but still doing it any other ideas, i have a 2001 wrx v7 sti btw

I Support ClubWRX
    Brodie did you check your CV joints? if it is while turning one of your axles probably needs replaced.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

No i didint well not yet any way , i only started the other day then it went away drove about 200km back to my home town then i parked in he drive way and it just randomally started again? have you come across the same problem?