07 STi Problem Possibly

This is a discussion on 07 STi Problem Possibly within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So here's the story... I recently bought a totally stock 07 STi and I was having boost issues right off ...

07 STi Problem Possibly

So here's the story... I recently bought a totally stock 07 STi and I was having boost issues right off the bat. I was pushing only 13 lbs. I found out that the vacuum lines goin to the bcs had been switched. So i switched them back and bought a new stock BCS and then I was hitting full boost about 14-15 psi. After I started hitting full boost I flashed to stage 1 and I am still only hitting 14-15 psi. My car runs great, gets boost at low rpm's, and no check engine lights. I was wondering if maybe 15psi is all im gonna get or should I expect more? I know that the map notes say 16.5 but it also says depending on the conditions. I dont know if it matters but I live in Wisconsin.

I also was about to do some data logging when I noticed my AP said that my throttle % was 100 when I was only physically pushing down the throttle only about 50%. Is this normal or is my Throttle position Sensor messed up? Could this cause any of the problems I have been having?

Should I try to go to stage 2 to and see if i can push more boost. I was also wondering if i could flash to stage 2 with a downpipe and my stock cat-back exhaust?
    07 WRX STi Stock - my new baby
    02 WRX 225 hp 222 tq - Not at Fault Accident TOTALED

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    What gear are you measuring this boost pressure in? You're very likely just fine.

As for throttle, I'm not sure if Cobb does it, but I know some tuners will have the car treat >50% throttle as 100% above a certain load target. Very likely normal.
    Last edited by xxxxxxxAnub1s; 04-07-2011 at 09:46 PM.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Cobb has three stage one maps. There is the one you must likely used and the other two or there if you are under boost target or over boost target. I think it is for fast or slow response to the waste gate.

Im dong 4th and 5th gear pulls. As far as I know for the 07 STi there is only 2 maps for stage 1, the basic map then the launch control map.

My bad I was looking at the 2008 and up maps.

stage 2 with just a downpipe is definitely doable.

If there's some way to compare target boost and actual boost across a pull, that'll tell you what you need to know, mostly (keeping in mind that a lot of times, tuners will aim higher than is possible in the early rpms).

Assuming your entire boost line system is in good shape and all that, try tightening your wastegate arm just maybe a turn. You want to keep it as loose as possible while still able to hit target boost no problem.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

Quote Originally Posted by poly_poly-man View Post
    stage 2 with just a downpipe is definitely doable.

If there's some way to compare target boost and actual boost across a pull, that'll tell you what you need to know, mostly (keeping in mind that a lot of times, tuners will aim higher than is possible in the early rpms).

Assuming your entire boost line system is in good shape and all that, try tightening your wastegate arm just maybe a turn. You want to keep it as loose as possible while still able to hit target boost no problem.
    yeah I looked into adjusting the wastegate arm but its not possible there are no adjustment screws.

Any chance you can upload a log or two of 3rd gear pulls to redline to look at? Maybe a few sets of eyes will see something you may not notice.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Bringing this back from the dead....

Skunky, I am having similar issues. When you switched the vac lines on the BCS, what were they routed to originally...(Example: Top port going to intake, bottom port going to "T" line between turbo and wastegate.)?

I cannot find a diagram of this anyware in the factory service manual...very frustrating.