2.2L Impreza stalling issues

This is a discussion on 2.2L Impreza stalling issues within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys. Long time no speak, but I need some help My 1997 2.2L Outback is having an issue that ...

2.2L Impreza stalling issues

Hey guys. Long time no speak, but I need some help

My 1997 2.2L Outback is having an issue that is slowly getting worse.

The car has 59k miles and once or twice a day it will stall after coming to a stop or after idling for a few minutes. Sometimes it will start right back up, other times it will take about 10 minutes to get back up, and it will have a rough idle a few minutes after that.

Plugs, wires, and coils were just replaced. I changed the pcv valve and checked the pcv system and it had no clogs or buildup. I checked the EGR valve and cleaned it today and I still have the problem.

The last thing I can think of is the Idle Control Valve. Any advice?

Thanks!

-Chris
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yes try cleaning the IAC valve, also check the throttle plate and make sure it isnt carboned up, is the check engine light on? You could also check for a vacuum leak...with the engine running spray some 2+2 gum cutter around all the vacuum lines and intake gaskets and if your idle changes than you have found your issue. I'm somewhat leaning towards a dirty/clogged IAC or gummed up throttle plate though...Also its a stretch but on the later model Legacys and Outbacks the front AF sensor would give an issue like this. This is a manual or automatic?

It's an automatic. There is no CEL. I'm going to check for vac leaks tomorrow, but I am also leaning towards the IACV. Do you think its just the gasket?
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com