Broken Control arm, Subaru twisting my arm....2002 hb
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Broken Control arm, Subaru twisting my arm....2002 hb within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i drive a 02 wrx hatchback. recently i broke a control arm. this is the only damage to the car. ...

Broken Control arm, Subaru twisting my arm....2002 hb

i drive a 02 wrx hatchback. recently i broke a control arm. this is the only damage to the car. i was by the dealer they want $520 to fix the arm. i said no, and told them i was having it towed to my other shop.

when i told them this, they instantly said WELL we can match their price(250) if we can find aftermarket parts in the area. now they are telling me they cant find aftermarket parts in the area because my car is a turbo.....

maybe im stupid, but doesnt the 02 rex have standard impreza control arms.....what does the fact that my engine is turbo have to do with anything....

are they pulling my leg here...?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump

bumpp

just need anyones opinions on this.

You may want to give it a day or two to bump, no need to do it twice in one day. As for my thoughts, I dont know. Why dont you try looking it up online.
    2006 Subaru WRX TR (Weekend Warrior)
    1993 Ford F250 Diesel (Daily Work Commuter)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #9455
    My WRX Mods

yea...that doesnt make sense to me either, of course if would be different if it where an 05-up WRX but in 02 the WRX had the same control arms as the Impreza....I would get away from that shop, it sounds to me like they might be out to hose you. plus what they did, that doesnt say much for professionalism. " Oh we will match their price"..I dont know, the situation doesnt sit to well with me...

there are no control arms in the rear for the 2002 model, they use a trailing arm setup. as for the control arms on the front, the 3 different models that year were the impreza rs, impreza wrx, and impreza wrx sport model. they all have different part #'s, so it is entirely possible that the parts for each model are completely different. i would ask the dealer to give you the stock part # and price, and then call around to see if you can find one aftermarket or even used one on your own and then have the shop purchase it that way. tows are expensive, so if the shop gives you the chance to negotiate, i would do it.

thats the best answer i have...
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ericsomin
    just need anyones opinions on this.
    I would not accept any opinions on this at all.

I'd look at actual part numbers instead. To do so, go to this web site:

SubaruParts.com - Your #1 Source for OEM Parts and Accessories

Register, then log in, and search for the exact parts you need for both a WRX and a 2.5 TS wagon. If the part numbers are the same, the parts are the same. If not, they are not.

This does not address the second part of your question, whether they are pulling your leg. They sound like they are. They're an authorized dealer that at least offered to install unauthorized, imitation parts on your car for 1/2 price. I have to wonder what stance SOA take on authorized dealers installing imitation parts - I hope it's not positive, because that says even worse things about SOA themselves.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Older thread but isn't there a recall for the control arm? The dealership replaced mine

yup, if they show any rust they replace them, if they don't then they spray them with something to prevent it, but it's not in all states, only those that tend use a lot of salt during the winter i believe
    2004 wrx 5-door, freshie in college, miss my car

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.