Warning Lights - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Warning Lights within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; VDC and cruise control lights come on because of the CEL....

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    VDC and cruise control lights come on because of the CEL.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Yeah looks like this is a common problem. The general consensus is the most common error is an overboost due to cold weather (makes sense, I had the car parked up for 2 days prior to my trip and it snowed this morning) and generally Subaru have no idea how to fix it... Which is not great
    Roses are Red, My Rex is Blue...

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That isn't guaranteed to be the problem. The CEL comes on because the ECU detects there is something wrong and throws a code, the DTC, which is what points you to what the problem is. You need to get that code pulled, and if you're in warranty, the best place to have that done is at the dealership.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Yep thats what I'm off to do in about 10 minutes. Glad I got the 3 year warranty
    Roses are Red, My Rex is Blue...

Well, it was nice while it lasted. This happened twice last night and once tonight. Got to take care of this soon. My 3 year/36k warranty is coming to an end...

Last edited by djclue8713; 10-25-2012 at 05:33 PM.

I have a 2011 WRX and I've been seeing the same three warning lights on 4 or 5 separate occasions in the last two weeks. Always seem to happen in stop-n-go traffic, not under heaving braking or speeds. It's come to the point that I clutch, turn car off, restart car, declutch, and keep driving, otherwise all three systems are disabled, which in stop-n-go traffic I really want my ABS to work. It usually stays off for a few days before it comes back again. I've connected my AccessPort the first time it happened, but didn't see any codes. I'll check again. I'm at about 35,500 miles, so not much time to get to a dealer while the lights are on.

Re: Warning Lights

I also notice that the tail lights don't work when those lights are on in the dash. Crazy stuff and I have to restart the car in order for them to work!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Interesting, I haven't checked to see if the tail lights still worked when the warning lights are on. I'll keep an eye out for that one. I would interpret that as a sign that the Brake Light Switch may actually be stuck, preventing the lights from activating. I did locate the Brake Light Switch (wow is it tight up under the brake pedal). Basically, my brake lights are coming on, but it seems I had to press a little too far on the brake pedal than I would have expected, so I made a quick adjustment so that the switch engages sooner. If you turn the whole switch assembly about a quarter turn counter-clockwise, it will release then you can move it up or down to the new position, and turn it clockwise to lock it into place. No need to disconnect the wire harness, although I did the first time. Here are some pictures of my switch, and a detailed view of the setting that I am going to give a try.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BrakeLightSwitch1.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	44.7 KB 
ID:	109164Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BrakeLightSwitch2.jpg 
Size:	56.9 KB 
ID:	109165Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BrakeLightSwitch3.jpg 
Size:	54.8 KB 
ID:	109166
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2012-10-26_18-45-00_116.jpg   2012-10-26_19-03-49_841.jpg   2012-10-26_19-04-10_404.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12