2002 wrx engine problem - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2002 wrx engine problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Def sounds like valvetrain, maybe a bad lifter....

Def sounds like valvetrain, maybe a bad lifter.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Make me wonder if something mightve fallen into the head durring the build? Like maybe a socket or something...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    Make me wonder if something mightve fallen into the head durring the build? Like maybe a socket or something...
    Its a possibility but I think id know if I dropped somethin into the intake. This cars been nothing but a nightmare from the beginning

Did you replace the timing belt at all? When you were turning the pulley is there any chance the cam sprocket slipped at all?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

Did not replace the timing belt. I was wondering if it may have done that too but id think the belt would maybe slip on the alternator pulley before causing it to skip teeth

Hmm... that sucks man, hopefully you'll get it sorted out... go back through and triple check everything, you might find something small that was overlooked... sucks to hear, I just did a full rebuild with a new short block, clutch, and timing belt service but now its better then ever...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

Thanks a lot man, I hope its nothin big. Ill be double checking everything to see if something was over looked. Glad ur rebuild went well

I sure its nothing too bad if it was running fine prior to the transmission install... yeah they did a great job and now I don't have a CEL and CRUISE lights burning holes in my eyeballs...lol
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

Quote Originally Posted by 06scoobyrex View Post
    I sure its nothing too bad if it was running fine prior to the transmission install... yeah they did a great job and now I don't have a CEL and CRUISE lights burning holes in my eyeballs...lol
    Lucky lol

Thanks for posts and input.
    Cheers
    Sometimes my valves stick, and when they do I use a Valve Wrench.

Reference to the noise in your WRX

We replaced the transmission in my sons and after 300 mile with the new transmission the engine started doing the exact same sound.

Did you ever find out what this was?

The engines go really dry after sitting so you're supposed to crank the engine with the knock sensor and cam sensor unplugged, its the 1" x 1" plug on the passenger side underneath that plastic cover with the 3 plugs. apparently if you don't do that it can spin a bearing cuz its so dry. My timing somehow got off also so I managed to bend a valve :/ car runs fine now tho just noisey from the bent valve.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12