Boost surge/BCS - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Boost surge/BCS within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, I'll just keep turning it clockwise at half turn intervals and see it that fixes the feeling of boost ...

Ok, I'll just keep turning it clockwise at half turn intervals and see it that fixes the feeling of boost surge, and then hopefully a gauge can tell me the rest/

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Ok, so it has been 10 days, but I am back with a boost gauge and more sad results.

While reading the boost gauge in gears 2-5 and WOT, the gauge will peak to ~11 psi, then drop to 0, back to 11, back to 0, etc. This happens from about 2.5k - redline. So, it appears to be rather severe boost spike or surge or whatever you want to call it.

I finally found out yesterday that instead of turning the entire actuator arm, that you are only supposed to turn the "paddle" on the end. So, I ended up with a final clockwise turn count of 3 turns and the same, or possibly worse results. Should I try releasing preload by turning it counter clockwise?

EDIT: Im not sure if I have mentioned this, but the car has 0 mods is 100% stock with 101k. Stock turbo. There has been a CEL on since I bought it. I was told this is a gas cap problem. I had the code read at AutoZone and dude said it was an o2 sensor, but im not sure.

Could a faulty o2 sensor cause boost spike??
    Last edited by maw230; 04-22-2011 at 08:27 AM.

Help a car noob out!

Don't make me go to NASIOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by maw230 View Post
    Ok, so after removing the t fitting I noticed that the end that sends air to the wastegate has a tiny brass restrictor installed in the tip. Is that normal?
    The restrictor goes to the compressor,not the wastegate.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Thanks, but I the nasioc guys helped me get it fixed earlier this afternoon!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123