Big problem

This is a discussion on Big problem within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok without getting into the lame ordeal much I will just say I paid a shop 6000.00 dollars to give ...

Big problem

Ok without getting into the lame ordeal much I will just say I paid a shop 6000.00 dollars to give me a car with a stuck valve... So we bought a engine from David meron fella, do not purchase from him under any circumstance by the way... The engine came and one head look like the aluminum around the cam was beat and attempted at being repaired with bondo... Emailed and he sent another head, guess the shop didn't check the head good and slapped the new engine in the car, it started misfiring and they "said" they tore it back down and discovered that a valve was stuck on the exhaust side. David has disappeared off the planet and now they want me to pay to fix it needless to say I stopped that and got my car back... Before I send it to Subaru which I know will charge me and arm, leg, and maybe a ball to fix... Does anyone have anything I can try to fix the stuck valve problem... I'm already out 11,000.00 dollars because of this mess, and that is through one home machenic ( I will never do that again) and a shop (will be reported unless my heart grows soon)... I could have bought a new long block all forged parts with 10 rpm til redline for that!!! Driving on 3 cylinders sucks and I know it isn't good to do any help is highly appriciated!!! Don't know much about cars, I was a late starter. But if you need more info let me know and I will try to figure it out, thanks again

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    purchase a motor with a start up warranty, a reputable salvage yard will always give a warranty of atleast a year parts/labor.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Just put a new engine in it and cannot afford another one let alone labor for another one

I Support ClubWRX
    sounds like its time to dispute some credit card charges, and talk with BBB

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You can try to run some Seafoam through there to help loosen deposits and maybe get that valve moving again, but prepare yourself for the worst here. You may require a head teardown and rebuild.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Yeah heard about seafoam but its sounding horrible I'm affraid to drive it. And it sounds like a rebuilt head or maybe both for safe measure is gonna have to do idk!

You shouldn't be driving a car with a stuck valve. It needs to be parked until that's fixed or you've got a good chance of blowing the motor and having to buy a new one. Is it an intake or exhaust valve that's stuck?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Its an exhuast valve

You definitely shouldn't be driving the car. There's a reason it sounds so horrible. You have a good shot of throwing the rod on that cylinder because it can't get rid of the exhaust or pressure after it fires on that cylinder.

While seafoam might fix it, without knowing exactly why it's stuck, who knows if it'll work. If the reason it's stuck is mechanical, which to me sounds like a good chance, then only rebuilding the head will fix it.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Ok well I will just get it to yet another mechanic and see if third times a charm lol. Thanks for the replys

Yes dispute the credit card charges and file complaints through whoever you can... the place that "fixed" your car should've checked the whole situation out... it makes sense if its allready in parts and going through the long process of engine replacement... especially if you paid that much, everything should be fixed... So did you buy a used engine? You could've got a new shortblock for 1900 and a full gasket kit for 350 and the machine shop work on the heads should cost you less then 1000, so with all that and labor should've only been about 400 or so...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

It was a rebuilt longblock with forged pistons... yeah I think I signed a release already I'm just gonna get the heads rebuilt and call it a day but I will still report them for poor customer service