CEL on p2441 Please help!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on CEL on p2441 Please help!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys im still kind of new at this forum so I hope I am posting this in the right ...

CEL on p2441 Please help!!

Hey guys im still kind of new at this forum so I hope I am posting this in the right section. If not I apologize! So my check engine light came on today and I went to an Advance Auto store and had them hook up there OBD II and it read the code "P2441 Secondary Air Injection System Switching Valve Stuck Closed Bank 1". I have a 2007 wrx limited by the way, not sure if that matters at all. I have tried calling the subaru service department, and they have yet to call me back about it. So i am wondering if anyone has had this happened and what it turned out to be? if its an easy fix? I checked all of my fuses in the engine bay, they all looked fine. I also checked all of my vaccum hoses and nothing appeared to be out of place. Thats all I could think of off the top of my head. So any help would be extremely appreciated. My local subaru isnt exactly the brightest, or most helpful bunch which worries me, but i do have a friend who is a mechanic who is pretty good, is this something he would be able to handle? thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Its your secondary air injection system... its an emissions system that pumps air through the heads to warm up your cats... it is a worthless system, and is a 1300 repair... Mine went out in my car and I removed the system and installed blocking plates where the diverter valves go into the heads... I also deleted the DTC codes off my map so it wont throw CEL's at me anymore... You can order the blocking plates from P&L motorsports they run about $30...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

ok. That sounds like a lot cheaper fix. So what exactly will i have to remove in order to do this? and will i need to buy some type of engine management such as an accessport in order to delete the codes? or could I just disconnect my battery and reset it? if i have to buy an accessport or something thats fine, i was planning on buying one anyway eventually, this wil just give me an excuse to lol.

also this is probably a stupid question but will i have trouble passing emissions when i go to get my car inspected if i remove this system?

If you new to the world of engine management then yes id say delete the codes with an AP, but if you know anyone in your area with a tactrix cable they can delete the codes via romraider/ecu flash for free... my state (utah) doesn't require a visual inspection for emissions so I shouldn't have a problem as long as I pass the sniffer test... As long as your car is at full operating temps then there shouldn't be a problem cause it only functions from a cold start to warm up the cats... I removed the air pump, diverter valves and put in blocking plates on the heads... there is a Y shaped hose on the driver's side of the engine bay that connects the air pump to the diverter valve (under the intercooler... I removed the section that fed into the airpump itself and put a plubbing plug and hose clamp to make sure nothing was left open... the driver's side blocking plate was easy to get to, but to remove the whole system you have to take off the intake manafold and the passanger side is between the head and the turbo which is a pain in the ass to get to, so if your friend can help you I'd suggest it... if you google search there is a write up I used on IWSTI.com, but its on an sti and they only had a valve running to the driver's side head from what I remember. Good luck man and let me know if you have any questions just pm me...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)

alright. the only other question i have before i start this is this wont cause any problems if i want to go to stage 1 or 2 with the accessport right? im guessing it shouldnt affect it. just want to make sure. I will probably start this project next week. or as soon as i order the plates

No you wont have any problems for future mods by removing it... I like how its 1 less thing in the way under the hood and when I change my plugs I just have to take out the battery and the air box and snorkel...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.