What personally i can do to maintain my car in good conditions...thanks WRX experts

This is a discussion on What personally i can do to maintain my car in good conditions...thanks WRX experts within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey experts, I was just wonder what is the best way i do like to maintain my 2011 WRX beside ...

What personally i can do to maintain my car in good conditions...thanks WRX experts

Hey experts,

I was just wonder what is the best way i do like to maintain my 2011 WRX beside do all the oil change on time at the shop...but i mean what i can do at home to keep the car well maintain what i can i check the engine, transmission, others that i can keep the car that don't cost me a lot in the future...

thank you!!

tano

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you dont need to change the oil at a shop. there are a lot of diy'ers around here, myself included, that do their own oil changes. plus, now that you MUST use synthetic, diy oil change is significantly less than the $90+ you will get charged at a dealership.

best advice i can give? get to know your car, the sounds it makes, the way it feels. your ears are very important, and subarus like to make a lot of sounds. and dont drive in a manner that puts a ton of stress on your car all at once. they can take some abuse, but in reality, they are just passenger cars, not racecars. drive spiritedly, but not like an idiot, and your car will reward you with thousands of hassle free miles.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Transmission oil every 12-15K miles, rear diff fluid every 30-40K miles. Timing belt and water pump at 105,000 miles. Accessory belts and spark plugs at about 80,000 miles. Do a search for the factory service manual: it has a lot of good info.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Follow the service reccommendations and do the jobs that you believe that you can do correctly. There are alot of DIY guides here and other reputable sources for maintenence.

$90+ for an oil change at the dealership? Thats very steep, I know new models mandate synthetic oil, but my local dealership charges around $35 for full synthetic and $15 for conventional on my car including labor.
    2006 Subaru WRX TR (Weekend Warrior)
    1993 Ford F250 Diesel (Daily Work Commuter)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #9455
    My WRX Mods

Quote Originally Posted by WillieRX View Post
    Follow the service reccommendations and do the jobs that you believe that you can do correctly. There are alot of DIY guides here and other reputable sources for maintenence.
    +1 this. Subaru has it laid out very plainly in the owner's manual. Follow that and you'll be on the right track.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Transmission oil every 12-15K miles, rear diff fluid every 30-40K miles. Timing belt and water pump at 105,000 miles. Accessory belts and spark plugs at about 80,000 miles. Do a search for the factory service manual: it has a lot of good info.
    Darn. I'm near 30k miles and never changed my transmission or differential oil.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowpr View Post
    Darn. I'm near 30k miles and never changed my transmission or differential oil.
    I'm not sure it's as necessary with the 2009+ WRXs, considering they lack the rear LSD...
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

keep an eye on your tires. keep an eye on the air pressure. i have a gauge to check my pressure and when it gets low or the car kinda starts to drift to one side, its time to check the tire pressure. this will help with gas mileage and also help extend the life of your tires. check the level of your fluids (oil, coolant, gear oil for example) all of that is found in the owners manual. pretty much whateveryone else said is right on the money so if u follow all of that advice you will be g2g!

how exactly is the standard pressure for the tire...the stock one?

Quote Originally Posted by WillieRX View Post

$90+ for an oil change at the dealership? Thats very steep, I know new models mandate synthetic oil, but my local dealership charges around $35 for full synthetic and $15 for conventional on my car including labor.
    I got the maintences package for 36,000..so i good for 3 yr maintances but i always worry...during the next visit.. what i need to do to keep my car longer..

I Support ClubWRX
    Its on the driver side like any other car.If I remember correctly ,cold its 32psi in the front 33psi in the back.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Its on the driver side like any other car.If I remember correctly ,cold its 32psi in the front 33psi in the back.
    Thank buddy!!! great help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanoshii View Post
    I got the maintences package for 36,000..so i good for 3 yr maintances but i always worry...during the next visit.. what i need to do to keep my car longer..
    A very interesting question. Are you wondering what else you can do beyond the 36,000 miles? If you have maintenence covered for the next couple of years, then I really cant see what needs to be done during that time period other then periodic checks of all fluid levels and tire pressures. Like we have said, go off of your factory service recommendations.
    2006 Subaru WRX TR (Weekend Warrior)
    1993 Ford F250 Diesel (Daily Work Commuter)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #9455
    My WRX Mods