Please help! Coolant problem!

This is a discussion on Please help! Coolant problem! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I changed my coolant a week ago, I used subaru coolant and conditioner. Then today I was driving home ...

Please help! Coolant problem!

So I changed my coolant a week ago, I used subaru coolant and conditioner. Then today I was driving home and coolant exploded every where while driving it was coming out of the cap located closest to the strut tower. I have a 2002 subaru wrx turbo. I'm trying to figure out what would cause this to happen.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The cap could have been loose. In any case I'd replace the cap, top off the coolant, and thoroughly burp the system to ensure no air pockets.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

The cap was definitely tight I competed in an autocross event after changing my fluids and never had any problems. I checked every thing twice. I thought I burped it pretty good. Could it be a bad thermostat?

I Support ClubWRX
    I would think the hoses would seep before the cap itself seemingly failed. Since you are going to burp again anyway, ensure you have circulation -- carefully! -- by simply looking at the coolant after the fans come on but while the cap is still off. On mine I can clearly tell when the thermostat opens.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Check the reservoir for any cracks or cracked tubing.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.