Loud exhaust

This is a discussion on Loud exhaust within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just purchased a 04 wrx and 90% of the time it sounds normal but when I go wot for ...

Loud exhaust

I just purchased a 04 wrx and 90% of the time it sounds normal but when I go wot for a bit the car becomes very loud it sounds like there is a hole in the dp or something, it than stays that way for 10-20 min or so and than quites down to normal.
    The Blobeye Syndicate #410

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

check for a leak. Maybe a flange is not tight and expands just enough when heated up...

is it a high pitch or a deeper sound?
    2006 WRX Limited -Pro-tuned VF-39, STI TMIC, STI factory I/C Sprayer, Throttle body Coolant Bypass, STI Exhaust, SPT Short Ram Intake, SPT Upper Front and Rear Strut Bar, Red Samco Radiator Hoses, STI Trunk, SPT Short Shifter, Aftermarket Rotors, Lamco Turbo Gauge, Catless Downpipe, Hella Supertones, RallyArmor Limited Edition Pink UR Flaps, 35% Tint, Grounding Mod, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, SPT Heat Shield STI Piston Shift Knob!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

deeper sound, like there is an exhaust cut out.cause it really comes from under the car in the middle
    The Blobeye Syndicate #410

get under the car and check the piping for holes or to see if any of the bolts came loose.