CEL ??

This is a discussion on CEL ?? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Not sure if this is the forum for CEL related threads, but here goes. Just picked the car up saturday ...

CEL ??

Not sure if this is the forum for CEL related threads, but here goes.
    Just picked the car up saturday and on the way home a CEL pops on. The seller swears it's the gas cap causing it, but I'm skeptical.
    I took it to O'Reilly and AutoZone, but neither could get a reading from it (i.e. it wouldn't connect). I'm wondering if that could be a faulty fuse...

Also, I'm having a problem with it cutting out when I get past 85 and have it pegged to the floor. It almost feels like the turbo is kicking on and off intermittently, but at equal intervals.

So, could this be a filter problem - air, fuel? Spark plugs? Fuel system? I don't have a clue so ANY help is appreciated.

Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well....what kind of mods are done to it. I am not sure what you mean by they couldn't connect to your OBDII to get a reading from it...that doesn't make any sense to me....but yeah...list your mods and does it have a tune?
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Yeah, sorry forgot to mention it's bone stock. Now that doesn't mean there have never been mods, but there have never been any that I know of as the 3rd owner.

As far as the obdII, the O'reilly one said it was connected but only if i held it tight in there and the autozone one would not even make the connection...l

Not sure what you mean by tune, but no mods of any kind.