E3 spark plugs

This is a discussion on E3 spark plugs within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am looking to do a tune up on my 06 wrx this weekend, and am curious if anyone has ...

E3 spark plugs

I am looking to do a tune up on my 06 wrx this weekend, and am curious if anyone has used the E3 spark plugs. They're supposed to give a better burn increasing fuel economy and hp. I would install them on a n/a vehicle in a minute, but not sure if they are the right thing for my wrx.
    Hawk-eye Alliance#139

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No experience with them, but I do feel confident saying that OEM spec ignition components will win, hands down, every time. Your WRX LOVES to advance timing when it can, and it's tuned around OEM spec spark plugs.

Like you, I'd wait for "the other guy" to test these out first.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Boosty X View Post
    They're supposed to give a better burn increasing fuel economy and hp.
    Is there a plug on the market that doesn't make the same claims? That'd be the plug I'd want to see, since that would be the plug that's truly unique. Everything else increases fuel economy and HP according to the makers.

I would install them on a n/a vehicle in a minute
    Why? Sorry I'm not following the logic.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Why? Sorry I'm not following the logic.[/QUOTE]

To me its a different set-up. Not as much going on in a n/a car as there is in a turbocharged car.
    Hawk-eye Alliance#139

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Boosty X View Post
    Why? Sorry I'm not following the logic.
    To me its a different set-up. Not as much going on in a n/a car as there is in a turbocharged car.[/QUOTE]Actually, in the combustion chamber the processes are identical.

I've got them in my Jeep's NA 4.0 straight six. Its got the old cap and rotor style ignition system and a 50kV coil. They did help smooth idling a bit. They also claim to increase HP, increase fuel economy, and reduce emissions by burning the fuel mixture more efficiently; claims I can not verify. I personally dont think they were worth the $6 a plug.
    2011 Honda CR-Z EX
    Milano Red / Navigation / 6MT

2009 WRX hatch premium SEM #52 Traded 7/28/11
    Kartboy STS & bushings // RedlineGoods Shifter & E-brake boots // Muffler delete pipe // Window tint //

I would say go OEM, that way you know that you have the proper plug for your vehicle. I pretty much use OEM spark plugs in all my vehicles (distributor and plug wires may change, but always OEM plugs).
    2006 Subaru WRX TR (Weekend Warrior)
    1993 Ford F250 Diesel (Daily Work Commuter)
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #9455
    My WRX Mods

If you are getting a tune any time soon, NGK one step cold plugs will increase horse power and economy, but don't use them if you are not going to tune for it.
    STIzzy!