Engine Refresh

This is a discussion on Engine Refresh within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Does anyone know if its possible to rebuild an oil pump and power steering pump on a 2004 sti? Or ...

Engine Refresh

Does anyone know if its possible to rebuild an oil pump and power steering pump on a 2004 sti?

Or is it cheaper to just buy a new one? power steering pumps looked pretty pricey..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I have seen seal kits for the PS pump for 2.0L motors but do not know if they fit the 2.5L units. If your pump is the same, they will of course. It will be simpler probably to find a used pump from a wreck and use the whole pump instead. I don't know about the oil pump.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Why are you needing a new oil pump? If you are in need of one, you may have more problems than you realize...
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I dont need an oil pump. I just heard they often fail.. so while i have my car apart i might as well replace it.