AVCS codes and blown turbo
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on AVCS codes and blown turbo within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My 04 STi threw P0011 and P0021 last weekend, i was about a mile away from home and decided to ...

AVCS codes and blown turbo

My 04 STi threw P0011 and P0021 last weekend, i was about a mile away from home and decided to continue home. on the way the turbo started making scrapping noises and the car had very little power. there was no smoke.

I picked up a VF39 with 18000 miles on it and did some research online. I found some threads with people having these codes, replacing the turbo and then their motor failing shortly after. This scared the **** out of me.

I know these codes could be related to bad oil, sensors, or a clogged filter at the turbo. I am usualy pretty good with my oil but latley ive been a little busy with school, plus its been freezing in new york. I dont let the oil level get low, but im deffinatly overdue for a change.

I posted on Nasioc and was told that my motor is almost certainly done. So im posting here to see if anyone has expirience with this, or at least some more information.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    First post? Welcome to the Club!

I have no answer for your question, sorry. Best of luck with your problem. Keep us posted.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Haha no worries, but i appriciate the warm welcome and ill deffinatly keep everyone posted.

Anybody else have any suggestions?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.