where to fit an adjustable fuel pressure regulator valve?

This is a discussion on where to fit an adjustable fuel pressure regulator valve? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hi guys,i have fitted a swirl can in the boot after fitting a 500hp fuel pump to the tank in ...

Question where to fit an adjustable fuel pressure regulator valve?

hi guys,i have fitted a swirl can in the boot after fitting a 500hp fuel pump to the tank in my 2001 model... i bought an adjustable fuel pressure valve and need to know where to fit it,which hoses and what to set it at.... it has a liquid filled guage to set it by.... any help would be awesome,cheers....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    You really don't need it but idealy you would want to use one that fits where the factory one goes on the fuel rail. Stock pressure is 43.5 psi at atmospheric pressure (no vacuum).
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

ok,cheers for that Donkey.... i have already bought it so ill go ahead and fit it.... do you know how high i could go with the pressure? just curious.... does more pressure help with atomisation at th injectors? and alsoi hope it will compensate for th 19 lb boost pushing back the other way.... all new to me,thanks mate,john.

I Support ClubWRX
    More fuel pressure can help atomization to a point but it also makes it harder for the injectors to open. As long as the new regulator is a rising rate 1:1 regulator(like the factory one) then for every psi of boost the fuel pressure will rise 1 psi.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

yes it is 1:1.... ill try 44psi as a base and go from there.... ill wind it up till freaks out out and back it of a few lbs..... thanks for your time man.... john...

hey Donkey.... just wondering if you know anyting about a minor mod i can do to my injectors that increases they re output...it involves using a dremel to remove the end cap of the nossle.... which acts like some sort of restrictor???? any thoughts ???

I Support ClubWRX
    I really hope you're tuning along the way
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

the car is just sittin waitin till i get it all together and the on a tilt tray to the dyno,i wont drive it till its tuned,cheers..

Quote Originally Posted by johnnythboy View Post
    hey Donkey.... just wondering if you know anyting about a minor mod i can do to my injectors that increases they re output...it involves using a dremel to remove the end cap of the nossle.... which acts like some sort of restrictor???? any thoughts ???
    don't be cheap, get a reputable shop like witchhunter to do them.

thats why asked if there was any thoughts dude...... thanks....

also, witchhunter sells you a set of matched injectors which is very important if you're trying to get an aggressive tune. best $100 you can spend on your fuel system, IMO.