The sound of flowing water coming off idle

This is a discussion on The sound of flowing water coming off idle within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; OK, so this is weird. When I'm about to pull away from a stop light, and I first apply some ...

The sound of flowing water coming off idle

OK, so this is weird.

When I'm about to pull away from a stop light, and I first apply some gas, as the engine begins to rev, I can hear the sound of flowing water through the engine bay area.

This doesn't happen if it only reaches idle for a moment... it's when it's been idling for some time (lets call it 15-20 secs).

I haven't checked, but one guess is that my radiator fluid is low, so the whole system isn't completely full...?

03 sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

thats very odd. the radiator system is a pressurized system, so even if the fluid is low, there would not really be any sloshing going on that one would be able to hear. a lot of other things can sound like fluid though, but i really dont even know where to start.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Lovely... another of the joys of buying a car cheap enough that I can afford to pay cash....

repeating over and over: "no payment is a good thing, no payment is a good thing, no payment....."