FUEL
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on FUEL within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok What fuel does everyone use? i have a 03 wrx and always run it on top notch gear (expensive) ...

FUEL

Ok
    What fuel does everyone use?
    i have a 03 wrx and always run it on top notch gear (expensive) , but my buddies use lower quality stuff?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    What defines quality? Do you mean octane?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Only Shell V POWER 93
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    93, or e85... if I'm ever in a situation (West Texas) I will use 91 if I have to, but I apologize to my car the whole time it is in there.

I Support ClubWRX
    Says right in the owners manual and the gas lid.....premium gas only.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

if you use less than 93 then you are an idiot or you live in a hippie state (91)

around here I can really only get 92 without going out of my way. There's a wawa with cheap prices that I like to use. I've only had any FLKC on the special winter blend (either that or on the special winter "my car is not warm yet" temperature).

Find something good and keep using it.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

Nothing but 94 for my baby...
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

I Support ClubWRX
    On the topic of fuel,just filled up for $4.03 /gal
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I haven't looked at e85 recently. Last I checked it was $2.23/gal right around the corner.. I would imagine it has gone up since then, but I'm still glad to have it next door.

I hope this isn't another thread where somebody tries to claim no-name gas is crap and branded gas like Conoco or ExxonMobil or Hess is better. Please don't try and say that or you don't understand how the gas supply chain works.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I always use premium (91 here in mormonland), I wish we had 93 and E85 here then I could squeeze out a little bit more power.... I usually go to Sinclair, chevron, or 711 where ever I'm close by, but try to get the gas with Techron in it....
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

I Support ClubWRX
    Chevron is the place to go becaue they have the coffee machines that grind the beans right then and brew a very fresh cup of coffee every time. You can also get cappuccino or cocoa, again made fresh right then and there. That's something I'll seek out.

OTOH, seeking out a specific brand of fuel in the most advanced country in the world is one windmill I've chosen not to fight.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    I hope this isn't another thread where somebody tries to claim no-name gas is crap and branded gas like Conoco or ExxonMobil or Hess is better. Please don't try and say that or you don't understand how the gas supply chain works.

lol.. the place I get my e85 at mixes their own gas. It talked to the owner for a long time, and basically, generic gas is just as good as anything you would get anywhere else.. V-Power, Techron, KY Jelly, they're all marketing schemes. Gas is gas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast