Engine Knocking and bad vibration. Please Help

This is a discussion on Engine Knocking and bad vibration. Please Help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I took my 2002 subaru wrx out yesterday on the highway and began noticing some odd things. First while rolling ...

Engine Knocking and bad vibration. Please Help

I took my 2002 subaru wrx out yesterday on the highway and began noticing some odd things. First while rolling in neutral i started hearing a kind of clunking/knocking noise that sounds like something could be stuck in the axle spinning, however i checked under the car and am unable to find anything. The sound gets a little worse and then goes away around 25 mph. It is around 60-65 miles per hour where it gets a little scary, As i start going at this speed the sound comes back much faster and it causes my steering wheel to vibrate bad enough where i have to fight it some to keep it straight, when i let off the gas is when i really feel the vibrations and hear the noise, however there is some while accelerating from 60 and up. Does anyone have any ideas? Everything is stock accept for a k&n cold air intake, i also had my brakes replaced about 2 months ago, however my car has not been driven as much. I never use less than 93 octane gas. Thanks for your help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just found out its a broken axle and the hub has been messed up enough that there is freeplay in it