After accident car is idling very low and will stall. Feels sluggish.

This is a discussion on After accident car is idling very low and will stall. Feels sluggish. within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 02 WRX, well taken care of... Couple of 16 year old girls decided to perform an exterior mod on my ...

After accident car is idling very low and will stall. Feels sluggish.

02 WRX, well taken care of...

Couple of 16 year old girls decided to perform an exterior mod on my WRX yesterday by blowing through a stop sign...I did my best to avoid and turned away from them and they only got my front bumper. I managed to break her tire rod though at least.

No big deal you think? Nope...it wouldn't turn over when I tried to start it first time. Then was able to when I gave it a lil gas but died again. Since then it is better but will still die if you let is idle down. Check engine light didn't come on until about 30 minutes later. Had an off smell like it was running a little rich on the fuel but that isn't around anymore.

Any way, obviously the problem will be covered by her insurance but I am curious if anyone has any idea what is causing the engine problems? I was thinking either the fuel pump was messed up by it somehow or the MAF sensor was busted?

Strange thing too..my cruise control level feels a little bit stiffer. Any reasoning behind that?

edit: does the hood look bent a lil too?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    fuel pump is in our trunk. MAF is on the right side. So neither of those two things make sense.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    fuel pump is in our trunk. MAF is on the right side. So neither of those two things make sense.
    Yeah, only thing I could think of though....just bothers me not knowing until next week most likely what is wrong.

I Support ClubWRX
    What was the check engine light for?
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    What was the check engine light for?
    Don't know yet, only happened 24 hours ago...shop closed today and are booked because of all the idiots losing control in the snow.

I Support ClubWRX
    go drop by autozone, checkers etc
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

Just want to follow up for you....it was the MAF sensor it turns out. Wasn't broken though, just was unplugged. Also the intake for it was a little loose...they just plugged it back in and tightened the intake. All works fine now.

I guess I missed it because I didn't bother to see how tight the plug was for the MAF sensor. It is too damn cold outside for me to be so thorough!

I Support ClubWRX
    lol
    Kevin
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ

wow, I HAD to reply to this tread. Unfortunately the same exact thing happened to my WRX friday afternoon. Some douche ran a stop sign, tried to avoid him but I had no room. Luckily my car only has a huge scratch (was not going fast, no more than 20mph) in the bumper and his SUV's door was destroyed. Well anyways, good luck !!!!!
    Pic to soon to come ...... 19 yrs old. Drive a Subbie( Im a newbie). 3rd Year Of college going to third.