2011 wrx short shift issue

This is a discussion on 2011 wrx short shift issue within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i just installed a kartboy shortshifter with front and rear bushings. The shifts are amazing and tight and everything clicks ...

2011 wrx short shift issue

i just installed a kartboy shortshifter with front and rear bushings. The shifts are amazing and tight and everything clicks into gear properly however. in fisrt giear when i let go of the accelarater to shift into second as the rmps go down i hear a moaning noise and in third or second when im at around 3 grand and i let go of the accelarater when the rpms are going down i hear a rattleing noise or moaning from the tranny. its like a vibration noise of some kind. the performance of the car in normal just the noises are bothersome. is there a known fix for this issue?>? _Please advise. thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    How tight did you crank the pivot bolt?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I used a torque wrench did it to 14 ft lbs. It was just hand tight. U think its to loose?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by chefbabu
    I used a torque wrench did it to 14 ft lbs. It was just hand tight. U think its to loose?
    No.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

It could be some noise being transfered through the stiffer bushings. I know after replacing a number of bushings on mine, I'm getting all kinds of new "noises"
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

yeah your prob right maybe after they break in and get a little softer it will go away. i really dont care as long as its not hurting anything i can deal with it. the shifter is so much better now i wish they just made like that stock.