Radio back light not turning off

This is a discussion on Radio back light not turning off within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a stock 2003 radio and unless I "unplug" the battery terminal it will not turn off and keeps ...

Radio back light not turning off

I have a stock 2003 radio and unless I "unplug" the battery terminal it will not turn off and keeps draining my battery. What I have done is taken out the radio and unplugged the wiring from the back to keep my battery from draining. I was wondering if people thought it was the wiring which looks good or maybe the stock radio has gone bad. Basically it appears to not be able to sense when the car is shut off and the key is removed from the ignition. I have removed the fuse for the radio and the radio won't power up, but the display remains illuminated and/or back lit. Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Do your parking lamps go off when the car is off or do they stay on also?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

My parking lamps stay off when engine is killed.