Help with Check Engine light......
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Help with Check Engine light...... within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I want to know what the problems could be P0171 Fuel trim malfunction (A/F too lean)(Bank 1) P0442 Evaporative emission ...

Help with Check Engine light......

I want to know what the problems could be

P0171 Fuel trim malfunction (A/F too lean)(Bank 1)

P0442 Evaporative emission control system malfunction

P0301 Cylinder 1 misfire detected
    P0302 Cylinder 2 misfire detected
    P0303 Cylinder 3 misfire detected
    P0304 Cylinder 4 misfire detected

What steps need to be taken to fix this...
    "SCHIRRA~#16" HOLY *****'N A$$ CRACKERS!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Any modifications, or is your car stock?

One piece header I know there is a crack in it, Short ram intake, 3 inch turboback, & a 255lph fuel pump

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Then your car needs to be tuned, that is your problem. It is unsafe to run those mods without a tune, period.

(you should get the crack fixed before the tune obviously, but I wouldn't drive the car at all until both are done)

Well the car is tuned, I have a new manifold one the way. I have no choice but to drive the car rite now

What kind of tune does the car have?

That isn't a great set of mods to have on the car. I have no idea why you'd upgrade the fuel pump, and the short ram intake is just hurting your power by sucking in hot air.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    Are the test connectors plugged in? If so unplug them.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Fix the header crack, then see which of the CELs go away.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Check engine lights are out, but now theres a few new issues...

Ok all the check engine lights are out.... My new issue is the car will not boost above 6 psi.. No leaks that I can find anywhere... Also my valves are white! Beside tempatures hotter than the devil's d*ck what could cause this to happen?

I noticed this when changing the manifold and putting on the new up pipe..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0225111208.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	93.2 KB 
ID:	95514 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0225112028.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	65.9 KB 
ID:	95513

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0225112029.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	95512 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0225112029a.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	95511

I Support ClubWRX
    How many miles? The white valves could be due to oil consumption, cumulatively, and I'd guess that if the motor has seen a few miles it's to be expected. The chamber looks like it's got deposits that to my VERY untrained eye imply you're not running lean; again, don't waste too much time with what I have to say, I'm posting mostly thoughts and hope someone that actually understands this stuff sees the thread. My guess is ash from oil use over the years and if you are not heavily modded and/or have not run lean I'd not worry.

BTW, a worrisome lean would show up in the spark plugs too I'd think.

EDIT: Just saw top of thread again, and see you're modded and tuned. I'd look at the logs and check EGTs -- but white valves are not unheard of. White plugs plus white valves I'd think lean for sure though.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 02-28-2011 at 06:07 PM.
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Ok well the car has 120,000 miles on it.. The motor doesn't realy use any oil in between changes but I do run oil stabilizer in it... but other than the valve issue what could cause the low boost?

I Support ClubWRX
    A mechanical connection fault could also cause low boost. Get an idea of the quality of the tune though to be certain of motor longevity.

Ok... well what im realy wondering is what could go bad, or where could an unexpected leak be found.. all the vacum lines are in the proper places. im not getting any leaks from the engine to the turbo or from the turbo to the throttle body.... Will an engine that has 120,000 miles on it there could be many differnt things wrong.. but being that the car seems to be running fine expecpt for the boost.. I can't help but wonder if it may be the turbo its self or possibly even the waste gate....

I Support ClubWRX
    Either the boost control solenoid is crapping out or the ECU is deliberately lowering boost due to IAM going down.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Ok... Could you plz tell me what an "IAM" is ??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.