Is it my Clutch?

This is a discussion on Is it my Clutch? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok I had a new exedy clutch put in about a month a ago and has worked perfect on my ...

Is it my Clutch?

Ok I had a new exedy clutch put in about a month a ago and has worked perfect on my 02 wrx, but today I was heading out and out of no where my car wont move, well, I can take off and switch gears just fine no problems but right after take off the car wont excelerate or it excelerates very slow as my rpms shoot up, think its the clutch?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Accelerate *spelling error*

I Support ClubWRX
    If the rpms are climbing but the car is not accelerating, yes.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Damnit it was a brand new clutch, it switches gears perfectly and engages perfect but the car wont accelerate at all so I limped it back to a friends house.

And you dont think its the transmission or the rear diff or anything?

I Support ClubWRX
    If the car is not accelerating but the rpms are climbing, the clutch is slipping.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Its the clutch.. Is not engaging.. If it was something else.. it was the tranny it wouldn't shift.. Rear did.. Car wouldn't be running well at all.. Did you replace the flywheel with the clutch?
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

Also check clutch fluid lvl.. HOPEFULLY its just low.. But odds point elsewhere
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

yes the clutch and flywheel were changed with an exedy clutch and has been working perfect and with out warning, no sound nothing it just revs up and no acceleration well it accelerates very slow so I have to switch gears to keep going faster but very slow acceleration as the rps shoot up, so ya it still shifts perfect and no problems getting into gear or at a complete stop just under a load.

ok heres what I just found, my passenger rear axle is is moving freely and its almost popped out of the diff, so its either stripped out or the diff is bad and it moves all around very easy as if it broke or stripped out

OK guys that was the problem, i pushed it back into the rear diff and I got my power back and everything...not sure how it popped out so maybe ill look into a new rear diff and axles thanks for the help.

hehe... I was actually thinking this when I read the first few posts (too bad I got here too late):

If you ever get problems like the clutch slipping, exedy says to check the "retaining clip on the inner end of the rear axle shaft." You can diagnose by throwing it up on a lift, letting out the clutch in first with the car on. You should have 4 wheels turning, 3 means this problem.

Just make sure you put the retaining clip back on correctly after you push the axle back in.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

but what if its the front drivers side wheel not spinning?

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerSteadman View Post
    but what if its the front drivers side wheel not spinning?
    Probably a broken CV joint.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!