Air Injection System CELs help?

This is a discussion on Air Injection System CELs help? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok so I got some codes read today that have been on for a while. They are p2444, p2433, and ...

Air Injection System CELs help?

Ok so I got some codes read today that have been on for a while. They are p2444, p2433, and p2431. They are air injection system pump stuck on, and air injection system air flow/pressure circuit high. What should I do about this? I have tried looking into it and have gotten mixed solutions. Also, this isn't making me go into limp mode right?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This happened to me and the dealer wanted 1300 to fix it and subaru refused to cover it under the emissions warranty... so I removed the system, itstalled blocking plates on the heads, and deleted the DTC codes off my ECU MAP... good luck with it...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

As mentioned below, In my opinion these systems do not even need to be on these cars in the first place, Subaru has done fine without them for decades ( though I am aware of the stringent new emissions laws in some areas ). Anyways if you want to start with some diag. plug in the green connectors ( they are most likely over by the ECM fore the first year Subaru came out with the secondary air injection was around 05, also the same year they moved those connectors over there instead of under the dash ) anyways plug them in, and pop under the hood, take a mechanics stethoscope and listen carefully to them you can actually hear them open and shut...If you fail to hear one than you have at least narrowed it down to a single bank...I'm saying this all in assumption you dont have access to a Subaru Selectmonitor...