A/C Help Bugeye
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on A/C Help Bugeye within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; my A/C stopped working at 120kmi i thought nothing of it and took it to EZ Lube to get a ...

I Support ClubWRX

A/C Help Bugeye

my A/C stopped working at 120kmi i thought nothing of it and took it to EZ Lube to get a refill the guy there told me its probably empty now due to mileage and if it had a leak the machine would stop cause it does a vacuum and some other test before recharging. it worked but stopped working the next day not sure how long it worked for since i drove it for a couple hours and parked my car for the day. i took it back and he said he didn't know why cause the machine is suppose to stop he did it all over again and same thing. whats wrong with my AC ??? help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You have a leak somewhere. An A\C system is completely sealed, it should never empty unless there is a leak.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

I would most likely take it to a dealer for AC work, a place like this EZlube sounds kind of fishy for AC work at least. Have them pull a vacuum on the system and see if it holds. also have them inject a dye into the system when either the vacuum is going on or when they are charging it ( you can do it either way ). Once the system is charged make sure the compressor is cycling and make sure that the low side AC line is cold and the high side is hot ( be careful fore it will be pretty hot ). Also take a peek at the pressures, which vary a tad depending on ambient temp.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.