09 Brakes/Pads - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 09 Brakes/Pads within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by spirited09wrx I live in pa (so it has been very cold) and I have noticed once or ...

Quote Originally Posted by spirited09wrx View Post
    I live in pa (so it has been very cold) and I have noticed once or twice when flooring it that the e-brake light flashes on for a sec, then off...idk why, just having the same "issue"
    Yeah mine flashes here and there, I'm going to top off my brake fluid and see if there is a noticeable difference.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Assuming there is no leak, as the pads wear down, the level of brake fluid in the system drops even though the volume of fluid stays the same. If your light is coming on, check for leaks first, then for worn pads. Rarely, the switch may become faulty, but I've only seen that once in my life and I've owned cars for over two decades.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Assuming there is no leak, as the pads wear down, the level of brake fluid in the system drops even though the volume of fluid stays the same. If your light is coming on, check for leaks first, then for worn pads. Rarely, the switch may become faulty, but I've only seen that once in my life and I've owned cars for over two decades.
    Where should I be looking for leaks? I haven't noticed any for quite some time from what I can tell, but I am wanting to check more thoroughly with some guidance on where to look. As I don't know much, still learning as I go.

What tools are needed to change the brake lines and brake pads if anyone can gimme a list that would be great! Thanks!

I Support ClubWRX
    socket wrenches, and open box wrenches. It's cake
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    socket wrenches, and open box wrenches. It's cake
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by krntehknik303 View Post
    What does "bed" all new pads mean?
    Here you go, this was the first time I have heard of it too.
    Instructions for bedding in your brakes

I Support ClubWRX
    Each brake manufacturer will have slightly different bedding procedures. Your brake pads should have info with them.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12