Good place in Austin Tx to take a WRX?

This is a discussion on Good place in Austin Tx to take a WRX? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Are there any good shops in Austin to take a WRX for general performance problems? I really don't want to ...

Good place in Austin Tx to take a WRX?

Are there any good shops in Austin to take a WRX for general performance problems?
    I really don't want to go to the dealership. The only place I've heard of is MZM and when I made an appointment to have my car looked at, they just tried to sell me a 6k turbo kit and then pushed me out the door.

I'm having two problems. First is that under mild acceleration my car seems to stutter a bit. The second is that under full throttle my boost spikes up despite what my boost controller is set at ( especially when it's cold ) and I throw a code.

Any advise would be appreciated. List of mods below in case anyone wants to take a guess.

'02 WRX
    APS intake
    HKS SSQV BOV
    Greedy boost controller
    Apexi SAFC
    Perrin up-pipie
    Perrin header
    BPM turbo back

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post

There's a lot of people I know that drive from Austin to come to AWDTuning even though it is quite a drive (~4hrs.). Cobb recently moved their HQ from SLC to Austin.. but if it were me I would still make the drive to Flower Mound.