Octane Booster???
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Octane Booster??? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So, unfortunately my father who bought me my car I guess accidentally put in the wrong gas when he used ...

Octane Booster???

So, unfortunately my father who bought me my car I guess accidentally put in the wrong gas when he used it (octane 89). Now the car has a click/knock noise that you can only hear when accelerating from a stop and actually paying attention to the engine but then its gone after I pick up speed. Also I'm assuming this is because I put a bad brand of oil; next oil change I'm putting t6 Rotella 5w40 after seafoam.

** I just would like to know what is a good octane booster brand. I plan on getting a bottle since I was recommended by some people to use it to help remove the knock noise.**

I was thinking about getting Blue Magic Octane Booster from autozone. Is this good enough??

Thanks all in advance for reading and helping me.... I apologize for taking up your time.
    Pic to soon to come ...... 19 yrs old. Drive a Subbie( Im a newbie). 3rd Year Of college going to third.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Your best bet is just to drive it like a grandma and keep it out of boost until you fill up again...
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Top it off with 93 octane.. or add a gallon of toluene and top that off with 93 octane. Like wrxdrvr said, you could just go easy on it and stay out of boost until you fill up again.

Banned

I'm up late --Doing Homework SMH. The tank is kinda full right w/93 octane, the mistake in gas happened a few days ago. I just posted about in now because my uncle(30+exp mechanic) told me if the knock has stopped and he mentioned it might me because of the bad gas, bad oil, or both.

** btw the car is normal when left idling(no clicking) I only hear the Knock when accelerating from a stop and sometimes when revving, basically 1 in out of every 6 times I let go of the acc petal.** what can this be???

i.e. I start to accelerate, (*two clicks, sounds like when you snap your tongue), noise stops. -- Same when revving. Again it does not always happen.

I apologize again for taking up your time, I've tried to make this as detailed as possible since we are speaking through the internet.
    Pic to soon to come ...... 19 yrs old. Drive a Subbie( Im a newbie). 3rd Year Of college going to third.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.