grinding problem while de-acceleration. breaks?

This is a discussion on grinding problem while de-acceleration. breaks? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2004 wrx and it's been driving fine. Went to town and back with nothing. Then went back ...

grinding problem while de-acceleration. breaks?

I have a 2004 wrx and it's been driving fine. Went to town and back with nothing. Then went back to town and as soon as I shifted or de accelerated i heard a grinding noise. Like me breaks are shot. Metal on metal noise. My uncle said it was the breaks but shouldn't I hear that while accelerating? And help would b great.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Are you pressing the brake pedal when you hear the noise or not?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

No..

I Support ClubWRX
    Then it may not be the brakes.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Any ideas on what it could be

I Support ClubWRX
    Anything from debris to the gearbox. If you are uncomfortable troubleshooting take the car to a mechanic, because the description is too vague to get an idea remotely, sorry.