need help, smoke out of my hoodscoop

This is a discussion on need help, smoke out of my hoodscoop within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hey guys, need some help..kind of a noob to all this and not to mechanically inclined, know some but not ...

need help, smoke out of my hoodscoop

hey guys, need some help..kind of a noob to all this and not to mechanically inclined, know some but not much. earlier today I was driving and when I stopped I had smoke coming out of my hoodscoop and thru my vents, it wasn't a lot and didn't last long at all but still makes me nervous..my up pipe is cracked at the moment(in the process of getting it fixed) so I don't know if it could just be that or something else..sorry for the novel and thanks for taking ur time to read it..any knowledge will help. thanks.

- chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Id say drive it around a bunch then pull over and pop the hood to see where its coming from and that can help you solve that problem.. for more of a reply.. post what year and what all you can about your car for people to help you out better
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

Quote Originally Posted by xchristhompsonx View Post
    ..my up pipe is cracked at the moment(in the process of getting it fixed) so I don't know if it could just be that or something else..
    - chris
    Could be that, but could be anything under the scoop. I would get a little more info to relay and that might help to figure it out
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

alright, well thanks guys. like I said I'm new to all this so any advice helps. I have an 05 WRX...pretty much bone stock at the moment. I have a turbo back and boost gauge that will be put on soon..don't really know what other info you would need, but I tried pulling over and popping my hood but It was already over by then..thanks again fellas appreciate it.

- chris

Supporting Member yamaha_rider619's Avatar
    colorado is home, Kansas is the temporary home
    I Support ClubWRX
    Best thing to do would be to find out where the smoke is coming from. Could be an oil leak burning on the exhaust, which would have a blue tint. It could also be a coolant leak burning, which would smell sweet and look white. Or if your referring to smoke like a heat wave it could be the up-pipe/manifold.

Side note, did you still want my up-pipe?
    Josh
    2003 Subaru Wrx Vf39'd
    Bugeye mafia #300