05 wrx power window question

This is a discussion on 05 wrx power window question within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I just figured I'd ask here before going to a shop. I've been havin problems with my drivers window ...

05 wrx power window question

So I just figured I'd ask here before going to a shop. I've been havin problems with my drivers window for sometime. It would go down about 30 seconds after i pressed it and vice versa when goin up. I checked the switch which seemed a bit worn, grabbed a used switch cluster for 25 bucks on ebay. still no fix. then during our beautiful ice storm in nj my window just stopped working period. So before i take it to a shop will anyone be able to tell me if its just the 2 pole connector that is the circuit breaker (nasioc said so) or is it the motor. All it does now when i press the button is click. so i know theres a break somewhere. and if i must bring it to a shop does anyone have a ballpark guess on how much it would run me. for either the window motor or the breaker. any help would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

you need to pull the door panel off and unplug the motor, and check for power and ground at the motor when you press the switch. Also check the wires in the door jam, alot of times those wires get pinched and break apart..