06 STi Oil Pickup Replacement

This is a discussion on 06 STi Oil Pickup Replacement within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, It's been a while since I've posted here, but I am currently right in the middle of replacing ...

06 STi Oil Pickup Replacement

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I've posted here, but I am currently right in the middle of replacing my broken factory oil pickup with a Killer B pickup. Up to this point, everything is going much smoother than expected, as I have only been at it for about 2 hours or so, and have already gotten the oil pan loose. In comes the problem; The only thing stopping me from pulling the pan right out is the dipstick tube. I cannot figure out what to do with it. The tube, as most of you know, is connected to the oil pan itself. So as of now, the oil pan is just kind of dangling under my car, waiting on a response on this forum to tell me where to go from here. Thanks in advance for the help, and I'll post more later in regards to the method I've used to get the oil pan down.

Dustin
    [SIZE="1"][/SIZE]

304WHP/338WTQ 2006 STi

HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #1080

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just pull. Sometimes gotta use a little force. I usually try to spray some penetrating oil down where it attaches to loosen it up. Make sure you get new o-rings.

Edit: Make sure you unbolted it.
    Last edited by 2.0Rs; 02-05-2011 at 01:14 PM.

I am assuming you have undone the 10mm bolt holding the pickup tube behind the rear timing cover...Otherwise as mentioned just give her a good tug and she should come loose, you could also grab a decent set of pliers and very carefully unscrew it from the pan for its only really held in there by the tension from the little o-rings on the bottom of the dipstick tube....