Can I disconnect My Back Brakes? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on Can I disconnect My Back Brakes? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; On a slightly different note, I need to know how I can unplug my power chord from my computer? I'm ...

On a slightly different note, I need to know how I can unplug my power chord from my computer? I'm too broke to pay my power bill and I heard I can power my computer just using geothermal wind energy until I can get a new chord installed. Can I please get a sarcastic/humorous answer? No serious comments, PLEASE!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    I hope I don't get a temp/perm ban for my actions in this thread.

Dear peoples who run this forum,

Please don't ban me. Kthnxbye,

-TR
    So you really can't help it? You just have to keep on being a jerk about it? Really?

Quote Originally Posted by irvin787878 View Post
    yeah so mean.
    They beat us!
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin787878 View Post
    thats probly about the only way to unhook the rear brakes. unless you had one of those bias adjusters spoke of in the prior respnse or if you could find a fitting to plug off the line. i wouldnt advise any of it though. i would say if the brakes lasted this long they might last another week till you replace them.the biggest thing is if you unhook your brakes and get into an accident and they find out you did that there could be some serious trouble and hurt to go along with it. i understand your funds are low best bet change pads asap as already known.
    The reason I originally asked was Subaru said the rear does most of the braking, but not all of it. Then they said the reason I can still stop is that my front brakes are fine. And from what I learned on here it is actually possible for the brake system to lock, so if that were to happen in the back, I wouldn't be able to drive. So in my mind asking if they could be disconnected till I fixed them made perfect sense as the fronts are working just fine to stop me. Like if you have a bad stick of ram....you could keep using the computer letting the other sticks pull the dead weight, but it could drag the overall system down, and you could wind up with a much worse problem. Or you could pull the bad stick and replace it later.

Quote Originally Posted by teikyo30 View Post
    So you really can't help it? You just have to keep on being a jerk about it? Really?
    How to make friends on Clubwrx:

1) Register an account
    2) Post an intro thread in "new people" forum
    3) Put pics of your car up with you doing something funny/humorous
    4) Be respectful
    5) Search before posting ANY new thread (except your intro thread)
    6) ???
    7) Profit!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post

There is no need to be all offended by us. Your question got answered didn't it?
    Yeah, but it could have been expanded upon by other members, or maybe one or two jokes, but Trainwreck kept at it. Post after post. Silly flamer.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650 View Post
    On a slightly different note, I need to know how I can unplug my power chord from my computer? I'm too broke to pay my power bill and I heard I can power my computer just using geothermal wind energy until I can get a new chord installed. Can I please get a sarcastic/humorous answer? No serious comments, PLEASE!
    Bend over and pull it out of your ass and you'll be fine.

Brakes aren't hard at all...lol, they are if you've never done them before.
    No, you just think they are because you haven't done them.

Some may think replacing a stick of ram is hard if they've never done it before, to them it's like brain surgery because they don't know what to do. We all know in all reality that it takes about .2sec to change out rams.

Brakes are very easy. Just look up a DIY. If you are really concerned with "risking someone's life" then you shouldn't be driving a car with brakes that are shot. That's probably a better idea.

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Banned
    By the way, I have had threads taken down on here, and I have had posts deleted for not being a conformist, for not agreeing, or for posting a similar topic numerous times. And trainwreck can laugh but if he goes back and looks at his emails he'll see we talked about that a few years ago. Imagine such a friendly forum taking down or closing my topics.

I don't see how anything that has happened in the past is relevant to this thread.

I can't speak for something that has happened before my time here, but from the couple months that I have been here the mods seem to be great. They don't flame or abuse their power and are very helpful and open. I am sure there was a reason your posts/threads were deleted other than a supposed personal reason.
    Last edited by xFalleNx; 01-31-2011 at 08:28 AM.

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    By the way, I have had threads taken down on here, and I have had posts deleted for not being a conformist, for not agreeing, or for posting a similar topic numerous times. And trainwreck can laugh but if he goes back and looks at his emails he'll see we talked about that a few years ago. Imagine such a friendly forum taking down or closing my topics.
    It's the man trying to keep you down. Fight the system d00d!

The reason I originally asked was Subaru said the rear does most of the braking, but not all of it. Then they said the reason I can still stop is that my front brakes are fine.
    They have it backwards, rears only do a small part of the braking (maybe 30%-40% tops). If they aren't grinding you should be fine for a week or so, but there's no guarantee on that. A DIY could be something good for you, learn to do it once and you'll be saving money for the rest of your life.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Yeah, but it could have been expanded upon by other members, or maybe one or two jokes, but Trainwreck kept at it. Post after post. Silly flamer.
    It is the "correct " answer to your question... Perhaps the question should have been, can I still drive the car safely with the pads worn down enough for the mechanic to want to change them? The answer is yes, there is a piece of metal at the brake pads called a squealer, and if it isn't squealing yet when you apply the brakes, than there is still enough pad material left for normal driving... Don't worry about it for the short term and have a good day. as for trainrex's answer, I think he is being tongue in cheek as your question was/is too simplistic...?
    Last edited by wrxdrvr; 01-31-2011 at 08:43 AM.
    '02 WRX 4EAT, 311,000KMs/194,500Miles, Sold. Best car I ever had. '09 STi stage 1, hope this one will be good too...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by metaldahlberg View Post
    You breaks will probably not have a problem lasting another week.
    your breaks might brake.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I Support ClubWRX
    It terrifies people to change their own brake pads.Its not like they'll drop of after you've installed them.Seriously,if you have any doubts go to youtube.Its so simple.DIY & save a whole lot of money since you are short on it anyway.If you have never done them,there's a first time for everything.
    Posters,thank you for the Monday morning entertainment.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.