Can I disconnect My Back Brakes? - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on Can I disconnect My Back Brakes? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Trainrex Actually, my answer to your stupid question was legit. Nope. So if you asked what you ...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    Actually, my answer to your stupid question was legit.

Nope.
    So if you asked what you thought was a genuine question on a forum, let's say a computer question, and I thought it was stupid, but I had the knowledge to pass long that would help, you would prefer the answer that takes the low road instead of the one that informs and helps you?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    Stupid questions yield stupid/sarcastic answers.

I didn't even think this thread was serious until I saw how offended you got from Trainrex's post.
    Right. So forums are for asking questions you already know the answers to?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by metaldahlberg View Post
    You breaks will probably not have a problem lasting another week.
    Thank you. The voice of reason.

Banned
    Seriously, though, most forums temp/perm ban you when you answer what you think is a stupid question with a smartass answer. Glad to know that isn't the case here..........

I thought this was the best/most helpful WRX forum on the net....but then there's a good 50% of you that seem upset that you were born with "shortcomings" or whatever and take it out on people on here. Every time I post a question from radios, to mechanics, to driving, the nutjobs come out of the woodwork to post their comments that have next to nothing to do with the original question.

That was so weird. I've never offended anyone here before.
    Well he seemed genuinely upset. I think you owe this man an apology.

Seriously though OP, you could always just DIY, brakes aren't hard at all. If you seriously can't afford to have them done I would suggest not driving the car until you can. It is a real safety issue to be driving with brakes that are so bad. While some of us may poke fun at your question, no one here wants to see a thread about you getting in an accident due to your brakes.

So bottom line, have them replaced/fixed as soon as you can.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by teikyo30 View Post
    Seriously, though, most forums temp/perm ban you when you answer what you think is a stupid question with a smartass answer. Glad to know that isn't the case here..........

I thought this was the best/most helpful WRX forum on the net....but then there's a good 50% of you that seem upset that you were born with "shortcomings" or whatever and take it out on people on here. Every time I post a question from radios, to mechanics, to driving, the nutjobs come out of the woodwork to post their comments that have next to nothing to do with the original question.
    Seriously, I told you how to block the rear brakes.

I Support ClubWRX
    I hope I don't get a temp/perm ban for my actions in this thread.

Dear peoples who run this forum,

Please don't ban me. Kthnxbye,

-TR

Should I have prefaced my question with no stupid answers please? I mean I asked a genuine question and you gave that as a reply.
    thats probly about the only way to unhook the rear brakes. unless you had one of those bias adjusters spoke of in the prior respnse or if you could find a fitting to plug off the line. i wouldnt advise any of it though. i would say if the brakes lasted this long they might last another week till you replace them.the biggest thing is if you unhook your brakes and get into an accident and they find out you did that there could be some serious trouble and hurt to go along with it. i understand your funds are low best bet change pads asap as already known.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin787878 View Post
    thats probly about the only way to unhook the rear brakes.
    Ya see, I told ya I told ya!

Can I not be banned now?

Well seeing as how your question was answered very well by JD92677 in the first reply, Most other people will not just take the time to re-post/re-word what was already answered. This forum is really nice and helpful. It's the internet, you have to take things lightly and take answers with a grain of salt.

If I went onto a computer forum and asked a relatively ridiculous question, yes I would expect to hear a few jokes from people. Are you legitimately telling us that you expect every reply to be a very long explanatory serious post? The forum would just be filled with overly redundant posts. Mostly everyone here has a sense of humor. That's what makes this a great community.

There is no need to be all offended by us. Your question got answered didn't it?
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Ya see, I told ya I told ya!

Can I not be banned now?
    your banned. even thought i dont have the ability to do it. does that help you feel better TR. lol
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin787878 View Post
    your banned does. that help you feel better TR.
    Whew! Thank you. I worry about the Admins here. very very very mean peoples.

Whew! Thank you. I worry about the Admins here. very very very mean peoples.
    yeah so mean.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR

Banned

Seriously though OP, you could always just DIY, brakes aren't hard at all. If you seriously can't afford to have them done I would suggest not driving the car until you can. It is a real safety issue to be driving with brakes that are so bad. While some of us may poke fun at your question, no one here wants to see a thread about you getting in an accident due to your brakes.

So bottom line, have them replaced/fixed as soon as you can.
    Brakes aren't hard at all...lol, they are if you've never done them before. Building computers and designing web pages are easy for me, but if I mess up on either, I don't risk anyone's life. I'm going to get them done in a week when I get the money, but I don't have a choice but to use the car since I use it not only to get to work, but for work.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast