Engine stalling almost every time RPM Drops!!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Engine stalling almost every time RPM Drops!!!! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Alright, my 03 wrx seems to stall/die almost every time i push in the clutch and the RPM drops. it ...

Engine stalling almost every time RPM Drops!!!!

Alright, my 03 wrx seems to stall/die almost every time i push in the clutch and the RPM drops. it happens after the car has warmed up. it has been doing it for a few years now but it has gotten so consistent these past few months. I have replaced the idle air control valve and nothing. battery is good, alternator is good. i do have aftermarket blowoff valve, boost controller, stock intake, catless turboback exhaust. i have attempted to see if there are any vacuum leaks and was unable to locate any if they exist. no CEL comes on. needs suggestions or help on fixing this issue!
    If i am not in my wrx, check the sky..

CJ Keppel, on the fly.

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l2...carshow018.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Clean the MAF and throttlebody. Check the intake track for cracks/leaks. This is from the MAF to the throttlebody.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Clean the MAF and throttlebody. Check the intake track for cracks/leaks. This is from the MAF to the throttlebody.
    2006 WRX Limited -Pro-tuned VF-39, STI TMIC, STI factory I/C Sprayer, Throttle body Coolant Bypass, STI Exhaust, SPT Short Ram Intake, SPT Upper Front and Rear Strut Bar, Red Samco Radiator Hoses, STI Trunk, SPT Short Shifter, Aftermarket Rotors, Lamco Turbo Gauge, Catless Downpipe, Hella Supertones, RallyArmor Limited Edition Pink UR Flaps, 35% Tint, Grounding Mod, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, SPT Heat Shield STI Piston Shift Knob!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

Bump, hey guys my 04 sti is having a very similar problem. i got a misfire in cyl 4 cel and the idle stall started again.(cel is new with misfire) last time this happened (stall idle) it was a loose connection from SRI to inlet tube. this time there is no issue there. i had the plugs replaced and the cel never came on during the inspection! but it started with me after i left. so i lightly press on the gas and between 0-4% throttle pos. via APV2. the rpm drop lower then 175rpm (APV2). either more gas or lifting off, the car recovers. all this with a rough off kilter idle. but around 750rpm. any ideas? Have a compression test done? a smoke machine attached to see if there is a vac leak? all the above?

It would be better to start your own thread for starters...

How many miles on your car? Any mods? What is the service history? What code is the CEL showing?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Thanks

thanks for responding, im not on here much and thought it was better to "bump" this. but thank you, its a 2004 sti has 103,5xx with hks-SRI-Flat pate 3" CL DP- 3" CB high power . OTS stg 2 LC APV2 i got it stock with 68k and took my time in the past 2 yrs modding it. went from 93 stg 1 to 93 stg1 with CB then added SR and DP flash 93 stg 2. only a month ago or so i messed around with the LC. ive been doing some research and im thinking now it may be the 02 sensor. if i barley touch the gas pedal to create some form of induction it bogs down. not always to a stall while standing still but rough rough catches and when moving to a stop it stalls. but it runs like a champ other wise once you get going and dont tap the gas. also just last week the cel came on, apv2 said mis fire cyl 4. had the plugs done and inspection. cel never came on for him nor did it stall. i drove 2 miles and turned around due to cel coming on. o n moved the coil and mis fire did not follow. the cel comes on randomly seems to have nothing to do with the stalling issue directly. just now i cleaned the MAF with alcohol and a q-tip.

Well to start with, that map isn't designed to run with an intake. That's a good place to start. See if cleaning the MAF helps. That still doesn't explain a misfire code though. That's usually plugs, coilpack, or wires.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

it was running fine untill recent, the big change was the Turbo inlet tube and then it was fine for a lil. random cel and the stalling prob came back. im thinking it might be the o2 sensor? after trying that im just going to take it to a dealer and see what there computer system can say it is. the light is just so random! like today it came on while just warming up. reset ecu and it hast come back on after driving about 15 miles. so im just confused.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.