Please Help

This is a discussion on Please Help within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello All, My name is Matt and I just purchased an '06 Subaru WRX from a reputable dealership yesterday. I ...

Exclamation Please Help

Hello All,
    My name is Matt and I just purchased an '06 Subaru WRX from a reputable dealership yesterday. I love Subaru's and I have been working hard to save up for one just short of 2 years. Last night, I was coming home and the cruise control light began to blink and the check engine light came on. The car is running fine just wondering if this has happened to anybody and if so do you know what the problem is? I am bringing it back to the dealership on Monday and I dont want them to mislead me so if anyone knows about this issue please help so I dont go back there clueless and blind
    Thanks for looking
    Matt

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You have a Check Engine Light....you can always go to autozone and get the CEL read and post it to let us help you figure out the problem. What kind of mods are done to it?!
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    The dealership will likely charge you a $20+ diagnostic fee. Many of the auto parts stores (Autozone, Pep Boys, etc.) will lend you a code reader and let you DIY free.

When you read the code, make note of the P#### value, then post it here.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club! Need more details.
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/genera...-question.html
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Hello All,
    So I did what you said took it the Auto Parts store and they gave me the codes. Now between the last time I posted and now, the lights have turned off the mods done to the car that I know of are a new air intake and a accessport thats sappost to boost the hp from 230 to 250? Maybe an exhaust? Anyway, here are the codes

P0244
    TURBO WASTEGATE SOLENOID A RANGE/PERF.

P1410
    MANUFACTURER CONTROL AUXILIARY EMMISION CONTROLS

P2442
    SEC. AIR INJECTION SYSTEM SWITCHING VALVE STUCK OPEN BANK 2

Do you think the dealership can make this right? Is it worth it to keep the car?????

Hello All,
    So I did what you said took it the Auto Parts store and they gave me the codes. Now between the last time I posted and now, the lights have turned off the mods done to the car that I know of are a new air intake and a accessport thats sappost to boost the hp from 230 to 250? Maybe an exhaust? Anyway, here are the codes

P0244

P1410

P2442

Do you think the dealership can make this right? Is it worth it to keep the car?????

Wait....a new air intake and an accessport? Maybe an exhaust? Well I am guessing that you don't have any sort of custom tune.....what MAP are you running with that accessport? Stage 1? What kind of air intake?

When you run the Cobb AP you need to follow the map notes are you are gonna mess things up...

You really need to try to figure out what kind of mods you have done to it. Maybe post some pictures of the engine bay and the turbo/downpipe area...
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

Quote Originally Posted by lytlec View Post
    Wait....a new air intake and an accessport? Maybe an exhaust? Well I am guessing that you don't have any sort of custom tune.....what MAP are you running with that accessport? Stage 1? What kind of air intake?

When you run the Cobb AP you need to follow the map notes are you are gonna mess things up...

You really need to try to figure out what kind of mods you have done to it. Maybe post some pictures of the engine bay and the turbo/downpipe area...

The intake is COBB, the exhaust is SPT (Subaru's performance parts company?) and I dont know how to tell what kind of mapping it has it came with the car it's a COBB Tuning Access port and the dealership told me that the cars horsepower is boosted to 250hp also, I'm reading the box, I have a mac and the software is for pc.

P.S. Are those codes catastrophic? or is it something that can be fixed?

What are the codes? That's where we need to start. The exhaust isn't an issue, the intake might cause some minor issues (Cobb is the best out there and most likely won't), but the codes are what really means something.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

Quote Originally Posted by teflon_jones View Post
    What are the codes? That's where we need to start. The exhaust isn't an issue, the intake might cause some minor issues (Cobb is the best out there and most likely won't), but the codes are what really means something.
    P0244

P1410

P2442

I Support ClubWRX
    P0244 is from over boosting. My guess is the car probably has a catless downpipe.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    P0244 is from over boosting. My guess is the car probably has a catless downpipe.
    He took the catalytic converter off?

Quote Originally Posted by MattyQ610 View Post
    He took the catalytic converter off?
    No, he probably tried to save money and installed a cheap downpipe without a cat in it. Many of them out there. Some people can use them fine, but some cars just don't like them.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading