Smoke coming from turbo??

This is a discussion on Smoke coming from turbo?? within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I seem to have something burning since there is a little bit of smoke coming from what seems ...

Smoke coming from turbo??

Hey guys, I seem to have something burning since there is a little bit of smoke coming from what seems to be close to the turbo, I don't think it is the turbo, but I can't really pinpoint exactly where its coming from but it is coming from somewhere down there. Something is burning and it can't be good. It's not alot for now but I do not want it to get any worse. Any ideas on what it could possibly be? I have been checking the oil every day and it is still pretty full. It's kind of a funky smell, I'm debating whether its oil or not but it's just really funky. Smoke is like whitish/greyish

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ive been having the same problem... on a cold day at start up i notice steam..er smoke...er..not sure coming out of the scoop...popped the hood and it looks where the up pipe bolts to the manifold...i have a catless up pipe on it...and i'm thinking maybe the flange got loose..broke a bolt er something..but i have the same smokey problem

I Support ClubWRX
    It is either water or oil. If it's water it is either from the environment or coolant, and more likely to be coolant. If so fix it yesterday. If it's oil, also fix it yesterday. I'd get this sorted out ASAP.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

i removed the turbo to install my tbe and up pipe...there are 2 copper crush washers on the turbo coolant line...im guessing its weeping from there....since its usually just at start up it must just dribble for a bit...but it at immediate start up..before anything is warm...so maybe not...

I got under the car and can see a little oil residue sitting by the upipe. Mechanic will be looking at it today