Driver side Backup Lamp housing leaking and filling with water!

This is a discussion on Driver side Backup Lamp housing leaking and filling with water! within the General Maintenance, Troubleshooting & Accidents. forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; This is my first post to the forum! I have a 2008 wrx 5 door that I have had for ...

Driver side Backup Lamp housing leaking and filling with water!

This is my first post to the forum!

I have a 2008 wrx 5 door that I have had for a few months. I live in Washington state, and it rains a lot. So I noticed that the Drivers side backup lamp is retaining water and I want to replace it with a new one, or let the one the car dry out and run a seal around it? My issue is. What is the part number for a new assembly because I cant find it, and have been looking on the internet for it only to find part descriptions but no numbers.

I have tried to remove the light from the car. After removing the fasteners I couldn't just remove the light so I could bring it inside to dry out. So I guess you could say I don't know how to remove the light. If i get the new lamp assembly I was going to refer to the new light to answer my questions.

I have found the new light assembly here:
    ALL PARTS ARE SOLD AT 25%OFF RETIAL, MSRP PRICING, NO OTHER DISCOUNTS, OFFERS,

So I guess I'm kinda looking for any ideas that could help.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The picture on that site shows you the different parts/fasteners. I'm not sure what else you need to know...
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading